In order to be considered as an adopter you must:
– Have identification showing your present address.
– Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
– Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and proper care for a pet.
Completion of this application does not guarantee adoption.
You must understand that:
1. Animals are different from human beings in their responses to human actions.
2. The actions of animals can be unpredictable.
3. Animals should be closely supervised when they are with children.
4. An animal’s behavior may change after the animal leaves the hospital or shelter.
5. The ALWC makes no claims as to the temperament, health, or mental disposition of any animal put up for adoption.